Venous Lake Venous lakes are dark blue to violet compressible small swelling caused by dilatation of venules. These are common on sun-exposed skin. They also commonly occur on lips and are uncommon before 50 years of age. Venous lakes are soft, compressible, well defined and usually a few mm in size. Various treatments are available but the best treatment is with long pulsed Nd-Yag laser. There is lack of awareness of this even amongst the medical professionals. A variety of treatment modalities have been described. These include cryotherapy, diathermy, surgery and sclerotherapy. These can cause scarring and textural changes. A variety of lasers have been described but most success has been achieved with the long pulsed Nd-Yag laser. Before & After: Before After Treatment Summary Procedure Time 30 Mins Recovery Time None Anaesthetic None Back to Work Same Day Duration of Results Permanent No. of Treatments 1-3 Treatment Prices Treatment Cost Venous Lake from £200 per treatment Frequently Asked Questions What does the treatment involve? Direct pressure created by a glass slide causes a vascular lesion such as a venous lake to blanch or fade as the blood is forced out. This is a very safe and effective treatment, come in for a free consultation where we will explain the procedure and answer any questions you may have regarding the treatment. It is non-invasive, quick and no anaesthesia or operation is required. What areas can be treated? They commonly occur on the lips. For any other areas please contact the clinic. How many sessions will I need and how far apart should I have them? One or two treatments maximum at 4-8 weekly intervals are required to treat venous lake. Often only one treatment is needed Am I a suitable candidate / what are the Contra-indications? Anyone requiring the removal of a venous lake is suitable to have the laser removal method however it is best to come for a consultation to see the Aesthetician / Doctor so he can see the area and ensure it is acceptable for treatment. What results can I expect? During a scientific trial, After one treatment, 94% of patients in the trial were cleared completely. The remaining 6% reported incomplete clearance. There were no reported complications. The clinical study concluded that “The long-pulsed Nd YAG laser is highly effective treatment for venous lakes of the lip and cheeks.” Are there any side effects? Initially there are no major side effects. Patient should be aware that minor complications include scarring and textural changes. Downtime and Aftercare / post treatment advice? There is no scarring but the area may darken for about 3-weeks before the lesion heals. Avoid sun exposure to the area 2 weeks post treatment. What is the treatment cost? Treatment price is from £200 per treatment Testimonials S.S - Hereford "Hi I can’t tell you how grateful and pleased I am. My venous lake took about 4 weeks to totally heal. I was sceptical about the laser treatment for it, but it’s fantastic. I had a blister for a week then a little whole that kept scabbing over. But now apart from a small scar in the lip (you can’t see it) and I’m sure it’s getting smaller, that’s all I’m left with! No swelling and no black hideous vein and no white mark. Thank you again."